School Days
Logan started K-3 this year. And boy, is it a change! Ever since Logan was seven weeks old, he has stayed with his nana. I had to go back to work so my mama watched Logan every day for me. He was spoiled rotten, let me tell you! He was as close to his nana as he was to me. While at Nana's he had two other playmates: Mamaw Rice, who is 93 years old and suffers from Alheimerz, and Buddy the weanie dog. As much fun as he had with Nana, Mamaw Rice and Buddy, he was in need of more interaction with children.
We've been discussing school for quite some time now. I've tried to convince Logan that he was going to love school. He was excited and begged for me to tell him stories about school all the time. But, hated the part when I told him that I'd be leaving him at school...no Mama, no Nana. He would cry when I'd get to this part of the story. I assured him that my work was right down the road and I'd come and get him every day, but it bothered him so much knowing he would be alone. And it bothered me. Everybody told me that he would be fine. I've heard so many good things about Logan's school and couldn't wait for the day for him to start. Until the day had finally come.
First day of school. Logan came downstairs crying. "I want my Nana. I don't want to go to school." Crying and whining all morning. The only time he stopped crying was when I told him I wanted to take his picture. He even acted silly for a few pictures.
As soon as we were through taking pictures, water works again. We get to school and the teacher has to take him kicking and screaming! It hurt my heart. He was grasping for anything he could as she was getting him out of the car, including the seat, my shirt and even my hair!!! OUCH! He ripped a good handful of my hair out! It hurt my heart and my head! I drove off with a tear in my eye but couldnt' help but get tickled at him grabbing ahold of my hair! I worried about him all day. I ended up leaving a little early from work to pick him up from after school care.
I was so excited to see him and him me. He just grabbed me and hugged me so tight. I couldn't wait to get in the car and talk to him about school. I took him to the sno cone stand and we sat and slirped our sno cones and talked about school. He had so much fun and really enjoyed his day. The next day, was exactly the same. That went on for one week. Terrible morning, great afternoon. He loved school but hated leaving me. Everyday I could tell he was learning so much. He would tell me about his lessons that day and tell me about all his friends. He's already got a best friend he told me, named Aiden. He said they were buddies.
This week Logan has done very well. Day one: No tears. Day two: No tears. Day three: We had a few this morning. He said, "I just don't want to go to school today." But, he got out of the car willingly. That made me feel good.
I look forward to him growing and learning as much as he can. But, I do miss my sweet baby. I can't believe how fast time goes by.
0 comments:
Post a Comment